vrijdag 23 december 2011

Severe weather warnings issued for UK

Originally by: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16151712
Published: 12 December 2011

The predictions said this week will mark one of the stormiest periods of weather for several years. Weather warnings are in place as strong winds, heavy rain and snow move across the UK. The severe weather has resulted in lots of trouble and danger. Scotland’s transport minister Keith Brown has warned that snow and high winds could lead to rush-hour disruptions for drivers on Tuesday. Environment Agency Wales (EAW) has advised people to remain alert for localized flooding, with heavy rain and strong winds forecast. It has also issued flood alerts on a number of rivers in south-west England. The severe weather also has resulted in the cancellation of Brittany Ferries services to and from France.

My reaction:Like the UK, the Netherlands also suffer from the severe weather. In the Netherlands there are many cancellation and delay of the air traffic. But the result of the severe weather in the UK is much worse than in the Netherlands.
 I feel a bit sorry for the people who lives near a river because at heavy rain the change for flooding is big. In the Netherlands a change for flooding is really small, but I experienced it when I lived in Suriname thirteen years ago.  I wonder if the government of the UK is taking actions to prevent flooding in the future.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten